Serangoon MRT is an underground interchange MRT station located along the North East Line within Serangoon and the Circle Line in Singapore. Serangoon MRT station can be found at the intersection of Upper Serangoon Road and Serangoon Central.
As this is an interchange station, the Circle Line part of Serangoon MRT station opened on 28 May 2009. This is the second station in the MRT system after Dhoby Ghaut to have a travelator within the paid-area of the station. Subsequently, an integrated retail and transport development, called NEX has direct link to Serangoon MRT Station. NEX and Serangoon Bus Interchange is built on the site directly above the Circle Line portion of the Serangoon MRT Station
The station has 8 exits at their respective location:
- I) Exit A: Upper Serangoon Road (Southbound)
- II) Exit B: Serangoon NEX
- III) Exit C: Serangoon Central
- IV) Exit D: Serangoon Central, Upper Serangoon Road (Northbound)
- V) Exit E, F,G, H: Serangoon NEX